Advocacy Week Planning & Research Assistant
37.5 hours a week for 10-12 Weeks
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Advocacy Week Planning and Research assistant is responsible for providing assistance in planning a provincial advocacy week, while completing the research and writing that accompanies this week. They will support the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in engaging government, partners, universities, stakeholders and the media to advance the NBSA’s mandate of working towards a more accessible, affordable and high quality postsecondary education sector in New Brunswick . The ideal candidate will have a background in event planning, and exceptional written and research skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in the planning a provincial advocacy week
- Coordinate meeting with stakeholders
- Research and analyze key external/internal policy issues as directed by the board and Executive Director
- Produce reports and policy as needed by the board
- Report Directly to the Executive Director
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interest in development of policy & research
- Knowledge of post-secondary issues both federally and provincially
- Bilingualism is an asset
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and résumé by November 30th, 2018.